Various circumstances may result in the need for modifications of an original dissolution of marriage judgment, paternity judgment or parenting plan. Life changes, such as job loss, a decrease in income, or retirement may cause the inability to pay the original amount of alimony or child support payments. In other cases, the parents may receive an increase in income and may be able to pay more in providing for their child or the child’s needs increase.

If you have experienced a life change and are no longer able to make the court-ordered support payments, then it is important to take legal action quickly so that the support does not continue to accrue at the original rate. A modification may occur even if the loss in income is temporary.

Similarly modifications may be needed in the case of time-sharing or parenting plans. People need to move or have changes in work schedules and the original judgment may not remain in the best interest of the children.

The Northeast Florida family law office of Beth M. Terry, P.A., handles all modifications necessary for a judgment to remain in the best interests of the children or within appropriate support levels.  Beth can help you adjust legally to life changes.

Call the law office of Beth M. Terry, P.A., today to schedule a consultation and learn how she can assist you in your modifications needs.

Reach Out to Us

O: (904) 399-5354

F: (904) 399-5341

Book a Consultation

DISCLAIMER:  The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.